As an ARC student, you have access to online tutoring through NetTutor. It is a free service at no cost to you.
Tools needed to access NetTutor
- A computer or any mobile device that you can access your ARC Canvas account.
- Internet access.
How to access NetTutor
- Sign up for NetTutor in Canvas
- Click on the "Enroll In Course" button located on the top right section of the page. NetTutor will appear on your Canvas dashboard as American River College Online Tutoring: ARC Club Online Tutoring.
- Once you sign up, you will receive 6 hours of tutoring.
- If you need more time, please contact the ARC Tutorial Center .
- The Tutorial Center can provide a 12-digit token number for more time.
- NetTutor is only accessible on your ARC Canvas account.
- NetTutor uses live a chat-based platform with smartboard access.
- A live tutor will be available at certain times depending on the subject. Open the individual subject windows to check the schedule for a live tutor per subject.
Note: There is no need to re-sign up for NetTutor every semester. You will have access every semester after the first sign up, as long as you are an ARC student.
List of courses that NetTutor offers
Accounting, Anatomy/Physiology, Anthropology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Criminology, Economic, Engineering, Finance, French, Geology, German, History, Italian, Math (through Pre-Calculus), Math (Calculus & above), Nursing, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and Statistics.
For more support please contact the ARC Tutorial Center.